Thursday, December 7, 2017

Today I finally got to try the foundation that I have heard such great reviews about, which is the Kat von D Lock It foundation. They do not sell this in Norway, so I have never been able to test it or color match it to my skin at any store, until I was in London.
I was very excited to find a little Kat von D stand at Debenhams in Oxford Street, and asked for help from one of the make-up artists to get color matched. The girl that color-matched me was super nice and service-minded. We laughed and make jokes and later she also helped Dori and Maria get foundations. This is me at the store and in the mirror the lovely make-up artist that helped me:

So I ended up with shade #53 Medium Warm, which looked great in the mirror and seemed to be a perfect match. I left the store being really happy that finally an expert found the right foundation for me!

Imagine my surprise when I applied it to my face only to discover it is way too yellow and too dark for my skin tone! I haven't been able to capture the color difference on camera but in real life my face is too orange compared to my neck! I am so frustrated!

Anyway, I don't have anything bad to say about the foundation. It is indeed very high coverage, but it does not feel heavy on the skin. It is just too bad that once again I am not wearing the right shade!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog