Good morning!
I just came out of the shower thanks to my mother-in-law who is watching Leander. Usually I don't have time to shower early in the morning, but my little prince is asleep downstairs with his grandma.
Having a newborn implies having your boobs available at all times. Normally, I would breastfeed him right away after he wakes up, followed by a diaper change. After he's eaten and his diaper is clean, he is happy and relaxed, so I get to have a cup of coffee and some breakfast. Today I had birthday cake - from Rune's birthday last Wednesday.
Then I will give Leander his daily dose of fish liver oil, which is enriched with D-vitamin and Omega 3. Quite compulsory when you live in a country like Norway! Then we'll get dressed for the day.
Everyday we lay him down on his tummy so he can exercise his neck muscles and make them strong. This way he will be able to sit down in a few months. We are also trying to get him used to the pacifier. Currently his favorite thing is to suck on his fingers - mostly he puts his whole fist inside his mouth and often chokes. So the pacifier is a much less invasive way to cover his need for chewing onto something.
The rest of the morning will be spent trying to make him fall asleep - which he doesn't always do. Often I will take a stroll with him because that proves to work every time. If he sleeps then I can do laundry or vacuum. And he needs to feed everytime he wakes up. During a day he will feed from 10 to 12 times, and he will need about as many diaper changes. We usually do this until 8 pm when we go to bed, and that means I go to bed with him for the day. I feed him lying down and when he falls asleep I move him to his crib. He is a much better sleeper during the night, and usually he will sleep 3 to 4 hours without interruption. Breastfeeding during the night is a bit tiring, but I do it in bed while lying down. Sometimes I get to snooze a bit during that time but mostly I am half awake.
And that's a day in the life of a new mom! 💁







