Good morning!
Today I joined a webinar with two nutritionists who taught us how to make healthy baby food at home. It was interesting, however, most of the information that was given was stuff I already knew. Still I learnt a few new things, so my time was not completely wasted.
Today I joined a webinar with two nutritionists who taught us how to make healthy baby food at home. It was interesting, however, most of the information that was given was stuff I already knew. Still I learnt a few new things, so my time was not completely wasted.
I have bought another bowl and sippy cup from Done by Deer for Leander, as he now eats not only one but two solid food meals per day.
Among other useful information, I learnt that baby food should contain the same nutritional values as breast milk (52% fat, 40% carbs and 8% protein), something that most baby food available in stores do not have. We also got a large list of foods that are very rich in iron, which is very important for babies under the age of 2. Studies suggest that as many as 80% of babies have iron deficiency, and that comes from the poor nutritional value of pre-made baby food.
So today I am going to start making some of the recipes we were given at the course, and freeze some of them so that I always have available food stored.
Talk to you soon!

