Saturday, June 15, 2019

Leander is officially baptized!
As you know, our "different" christening took place this Saturday, starting off with a tapas lunch and followed by the church service at the Nidaros Cathedral. 
First of all, thank you very much to everyone that joined us for our boy's special day! 💕
I was promised I could stop by the restaurant to decorate the evening before the event, but when I showed up they told me that the room had been rented out and I could not decorate. Consequently the restaurant owner and his 'helper' - two middle aged men - acted as the decoration committee and nothing came out as I had planned. I like to pay attention to detail, so I feel like the presentation could have been better. After all, I provided them with lots of decoration that they decided not to use - which upsets me. But moving on, we had lunch and later we drive off to Nidaros. The weather was spectacular, sunny and warm, and Leander was calm and happy all day long.

Here we are at the cathedral. Pictures were not allowed until after the ceremony but in my family everything is allowed as long as you don't get caught, so my sister managed to film the moment when the priest poured the holy water on Leander.
Above: all the babies that got baptized that day
Above Leander's godparents: from left to right - Remi, Doribeth, Diana, us, and PÃ¥l.

We opened the presents as soon as we arrived home. They were all lovely and Leander is very lucky! I haven't taken any pictures of the presents, but I really don't have much time as I still have a full house. I just took a few shots of some of the cards we received.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog