Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Hi everyone! Today I spent all day at school with Irene whom I write my Bachelor thesis with. We've finally come to a good theme to write about. We are going to write about how Green Marketing can change people's attitude towards sustainable textiles (clothes and other textiles). Did you know that producers use 20,000 litres of water in order to produce ONE pair of jeans? Twenty thousand litres of water is more or less the water consumption of one human being over the course of a year. It's insane! This is making me think about my own consumption - and how I have to reconsider how many clothes I buy and so forth. 
I hope this sweater did not consume twenty thousand litres of water - because I love it and it's very warm and soft. But there is no way I can know how ethically produced my clothes are, can I?

Blog Archive

Search This Blog