Hi! I thought I'd make a post today about my new job. This is me on the way to my first day in the office. So I got a job at a company called Share Not Waste, which essentially is focused on reducing the amount of food that gets thrown away, while it's still edible. In order to help people share edible food with others and promote local food production, the company has created an app called "Fuud".
Everybody can put food for sale in the app; everything from apples from your garden, to bread you bake in your kitchen. Most of all though, we encourage local farmers to sell their meat, eggs, fruits and vegetables through the app. A lot of times grocery stores will not want fruits and vegetables that are either too big, or too small, or have a weird shape, even though they are as safe, fresh and healthy as the other "better looking" ones. Those fruits and vegetables often get thrown away because they don't upfill a certain look criteria. Fuud is trying to save that food from being chosen away.
So basically I will be managing the marketing for the app together with another girl named Julie, who was hired at the same time as me. We are so far a team of two, because the company is a startup. We are privileged enough that our bosses have given us the trust to do the marketing as we see fit, and will not intervene - so we are super thankful to get to work in something so creative!
I will also have the freedom to work either in the office, or at home, or from a remote location even! I've never before had this kind of freedom. So far so good! I am very very happy about my new job, and I can't wait to see how it goes from now on!
The app is still in developing, and new features will come, plus some changes to make it more user friendly. So don't judge it yet, should you be tempted to download it (I believe there is an English version).
Now you know what I do! Have a good Easter everybody!
