Good morning!
Sorry for the lack of updates, but I haven't been up to very much... Today I am 8 months pregnant and there is exactly 1 month left until due date. My midwife said I should watch this Norwegian TV-show about birth because they show the hospital here in Trondheim - which has the best maternity ward in the country. That proved to be a bad idea... all those screaming women in labor made me anxious. I am not watching anything birth-related again!
I just came back from my latest appointment with her now (my midwife). She had another midwife with her who works at the hospital. They both agreed that Leander has turned around and is now upside down ready to come out of my birth canal! That is a relief because I had the feeling that he was lying horizontally. Fortunately, he is a good boy and put himself the right way 😊
After my visit I walked back home - Rune had to sit this one out because he had a leader meeting in Steinkjer that he could not get out of. When I got home, I found a nice surprise in my mail box from Rune's cousin. She has knitted this lovely baby plaid in the typical Norwegian design 😍 I love it!
I wanted to go to the city center today and maybe meet the girls, but it's been raining non-stop and heavy since Friday (except now that I walked home).
I have also started to pack the hospital bag. I put all of the stuff I will need for Leander, and I bought a pair of stretchy yoga pants and two nursing tops for me. The rest of toiletries I can pack later on.
Not more to tell... talk to you soon! 😊