Long story short Diana brainwashed me into participating in the Pink Ribbon Run, which is a charity run to gather money for breast cancer research. One can either run 3 km or 6 km, and the run will be on October 3rd.
Naturally I am doing the short route, but my very crazy friend signed up for 6 km. In order to prepare for the event, Diana and I went to the gym to work out today. Initially we were going to go for a run outside, but the weather played a dirty trick on us and it started raining... A LOT. So we ended up going to Diana's gym instead, and I got a day ticket. I came in prepared and bought running shoes!
Diana is building her booty!
We ran intervalls (running-walking-running) on the treadmill and I ran my 3 km. Then we did some machines and I worked on my legs and lower back - which still hurts btw. As you know, I suffer from lower back pain almost chronically. It felt good to work on a machine on that area, instead of the floor exercises I do at home.
After our gym session we stopped by a French pastry shop - which was conveniently placed downstairs from the gym - and enjoyed a hot cocoa and a pastry. They are so delicious!
Diana also gave me her old Polar watch and it tells me I walked/ran 7,5 km all day. My body will maybe hurt tomorrow - but today I honestly feel amazing! I haven't been at the gym since before I got pregnant, so this felt good. I must admit that I much prefer working out at the gym than outside. I feel it's more effective and I don't have to rely on the weather so much. I am actually considering getting a gym membership somewhere close from my house. We'll see!






